Download K-Lite Codec Pack
There are four different variants of the K-Lite Codec Pack. Ranging from a very small bundle that contains only the most essential decoders to a large and more comprehensive bundle. The global differences between the variants can be found below. Detailed differences can be found on the comparison of abilities and comparison of contents pages.
These codec packs are compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
The packs include 32-bit and 64-bit codecs, so they work great on both x86 and x64 variants of Windows!
Small but extremely powerful!
Contains everything you need to play all popular audio and video file formats.
Supports playback of:
- AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, MPEG, MOV, TS, M2TS, WMV, RM, RMVB, OGM, WebM
- MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, OGG, 3GP, AMR, APE, MKA, Opus, Wavpack, Musepack
- DVD and Blu-ray (after decryption)
- and many more audio and video formats!
Provides lots of useful functionality, such as:
- Subtitle display
- Hardware accereration (DXVA2 / NVIDIA CUVID / Intel QuickSync)
- Audio bitstreaming
- Video thumbnails in Explorer
- File association options
- Broken codec detection
- and much more!
Same as Basic, plus:
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
- MadVR (an advanced and high quality video renderer)
- MediaInfo Lite
This is the recommended variant for the average user.
Same as Standard, plus:
- DC-Bass Source Mod (for OptimFrog/Tak/Tracker audio support)
- DScaler5 MPEG-2 decoder (for DVD playback in WMP on Windows XP)
- DXVA1 hardware acceleration (for Windows XP)
- ffdshow audio/video processor
- ffdshow audio/video decoder (as alternative choice for LAV decoders)
- Haali Media Splitter (as alternative choice for LAV Splitter)
Same as Full, plus:
- ACM and VFW codecs for video encoding/editing
- AC3Filter (as alternative choice for LAV and ffdshow audio decoders)
- Haali Matroska Muxer
Additional updates for the latest version of the codec pack. This is not a stand-alone installer. Basic/Standard/Full/Mega must already be installed.