Download K-Lite Codec Pack Mega
The mega variant is the biggest of the four variants of the codec pack. It contains several additional components. Most importantly ACM/VFW codecs that can be used for video encoding/editing.
More information about this variant of the codec pack can be found on the about, contents, and changelog pages.
Version 10.7.5 Mega ~ 33.9 MB ~ September 23rd 2014 Changelog:
- Updated MPC-HC to version 188.8.131.52
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.62-46-g4bbcf5c
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.1
- Updated Icaros to version 2.2.7 b2
- Added support for hardware accelerated decoding of HEVC/H.265 video. Because all currently available hardware does not yet contain a fixed-function decoder for HEVC, the current implementation utilizes the general shader and video processing units of the GPU. As a result the performance is lower and power consumption higher than you might expect. Future hardware will contain a fixed-function decoder and provide better acceleration. At this moment the decoder only works with high-end Intel (HD 4600/5x00/6x00) and NVIDIA (GTX 680/780/870/880/Titan) GPUs. Latest graphics driver is also required.
Size: 34.724 KB
Since version 10.0.0 this package contains both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs. It is no longer necessary to install 64-bit codecs separately.
Download links for old versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack can be found HERE.