Download K-Lite Codec Pack Mega
The mega variant is the biggest of the four variants of the codec pack. It contains several additional components. Most importantly ACM/VFW codecs that can be used for video encoding/editing.
More information about this variant of the codec pack can be found on the contents and changelog pages.
Detailed differences between the four variants of the codec pack can be found on the comparison of abilities and comparison of contents pages.
Version 11.0.5 Mega ~ 36.8 MB ~ March 24th 2015 Changelog:
- Updated MPC-HC to version 184.108.40.206
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.64-26-gb3ea3
- Updated x264VFW to revision 2538
- Updated LAME ACM to version 3.99.5
- Updated Icaros to version 2.3.0 b5
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.7
- LAV Audio decoder now supports decoding DTS-HD Master Audio (up to 7.1 / 96 kHz / 24-bit). Previously it could only decode the embedded DTS core.
- The default audio decoder has been changed from ffdshow to LAV.
- The installer now has four installation modes (Simple/Normal/Advanced/Expert) which differ in the amount of options shown during installation. In the new default mode (Normal) less options are shown than in previous versions. To get the same amount of options as in previous versions, you have to select the Advanced mode.
- The installer now provides options to specify your preferred audio and video player. The installation is optimized based on your choices.
- In Simple and Normal install mode, the installer will now automatically create file associations for your preferred players. In Advanced and Expert mode, file associations are pre-configured, but can be adjusted as desired. There is an option to turn off this automatic behavior.
- The installer now provides easy options to specify your preferred audio/video decoders and splitter.
- The goal of the above changes is to make the installation easier to use for novice users, while still providing full flexibility for our experienced users.
Size: 37.779 KB
Since version 10.0.0 this package contains both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs. It is no longer necessary to install 64-bit codecs separately.
Download links for old versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack can be found HERE.